Friday 11 May 2018

From laxatives to sun cream: The full list of medicines that will no longer be available on NHS prescription at the end of the month

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5712809/The-list-medicines-no-longer-available-NHS-prescription.html


Thank you to Darleen for sending me this link. She and Nicola were reading this article yesterday and thought it worthy of a blog posting, which I certainly agree with.


What I am trying to process though, is the information I am reading! I can't believe this and one hopes that this type of list won't be happening in Scotland anytime soon.


Lend your comments below as always. I suspect there could be some criticism of this 'NHS strategy'!



4 comments:

  1. I may have an unpopular opinion on this one but to be honest I'm not entirely sure why over-the-counter medications are available on prescription anyway. I have never used the minor ailments service and don't plan to. The only medications I get from prescriptions are the ones I cannot buy myself.
    I do understand that some people can't afford much but some of these proposed cut medicines include things like Paracetamol which is available as cheap as 30p for 16 tablets. Some other medications may be a bit pricier but I do feel that there would be some provision for people who flat out couldn't afford treatment.
    Steph O

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all entitled to our opinion, so you should never worry about what anybody else thinks! We are very lucky to have the wonderful NHS but I must say on a personal level, I was appalled when I read this article! Thanks as always for your comments. I'm expecting a fair few comments to appear in the comments section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to use minor ailments as i like steph can afford to buy this stuff but what about the folk that cant?
    Where does that leave them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually dont even want to think of this as it feels they are trying to make us privatise and pay for everything in the nhs slowly but surely xxxx

    ReplyDelete