Tuesday 6 March 2018

Apostrophe catastrophe!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/emma-watson-addresses-the-huge-error-on-the-times-up-tattoo-she-showed-off-at-vanity-fair-oscars-party/ar-BBJUVJH?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp


This is a curious wee article that has been in the media for the last couple of days. One side of me thinks it could have been an error on purpose to highlight the issue of and raise awareness of Time's Up (which it has), but if not, the mistake is still there!


Whatever the reason, Emma Watson has dealt with it well with her Tweet to be fair where she wrote "Fake tattoo proofreading position available. Experience with apostrophes a must!"


Here are some more tattoo errors...










4 comments:

  1. I once taught a student in Aberdeen who had one saying Sid Viscous rpi!

    True story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahaha, sorry I can't stop laughing

      Delete
  2. I really shouldn't laugh but some of those are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to happen a lot. My husband has a tattoo that he got years ago and I hate it. His name is Stewart, however the tattoo says Stuwart!!!! he is now going to have this covered up in the next few months. I have exclaimed my thoughts on this tattoo for a long time, he just laughs.

    ReplyDelete