Friday 2 March 2018

Shocking moment a cop throws a Good Samaritan out of McDonald's because he bought a homeless man a meal to eat inside the restaurant

Thank you Darleen for sending me this quite astonishing news story for blog discussion. This one is certain to produce a lot of comment, and quite rightly so.


A McDonald's customer posted a video to social media showing him and a homeless man being told to leave a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, restaurant after he says he bought him food.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5452039/Homeless-man-customer-told-leave-McDonalds.html?ito=email_share_article-masthead


Wow.


Comments welcomed below as always.


Mark







6 comments:

  1. I really cannot believe what I’ve read and watched today, since when did buying a meal for a homeless person become a crime??? I am disgusted with the behaviour not only by the McDonald employees, the police officer on the scene who discriminated against the person but with the general public who felt threated by a person who has fallen on hard times eating food that had been bought for him, heaven forbid that anything so terrible should befall them. I shall be boycotting McDonalds from now on at all costs. I really worries and confuses me about the way the world and people living on it are conducting themselves in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%. I don’t think this is the last time we will hear about this story.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola MacPhee5 March 2018 at 12:22

    Absolutely appalling behaviour. What harm was this person doing other than eating a meal. Half the time I've been in MacDonalds and there are youths terrorising customers with their carry on and they are never removed. I heard another story like this today where someone paid for rooms at a premier inn for homeless people and when the people arrived they were refused to stay.... again absolutely shocking behaviour from these companies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here is that story. I’m appalled, again: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/premier-inn-homeless-people-turned-away-customer-paying-westonsupermare-a8240171.html?amp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just Can't!!. I'm so angry right now at reading that. All I'm going to say is that karma has its ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't be checking into a Premier Inn ever again, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete