Friday 23 February 2018

Presentation Success, round 1


Well done to all six presenters this morning who were successful with their presentations.



I enjoyed the variety of subjects and well structured deliveries today: Infection Control, ECT, Autism, Breast Cancer, Dementia Treatment and Asthma.



I asked all presenters to self reflect on their performance, (good and bad) and for them to provide feedback on one other learner. This worked very well and then I provided detailed feedback too.




It was clear that the presenters found the assessment session of great benefit and they were even heard to say they enjoyed the experience. Who knew?


What helped the session to run smoothly and efficiently, was that everybody had printed their slides out as requested and this was of great help to all attendees. What was impressive for me, was the depth of research, the q and a session, enthusiasm and most crucially, how well structured the talks were. A great start to this round of assessments.


Those students who presented today, why don't you pop a few words down in the comments box below? It would be nice to hear your thoughts now you've had time to reflect on your performance. You know you want to...


Well done and I look forward to next Friday. If you are delivering on 2nd March and haven't e mailed me your talk yet, please do so by the end of the week so I can provide you with some feedback.


Cheers,


Mark



4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed presenting and listening to others present their work too. All very good topics and a learning experience on others subjects. I particularly liked the Q and A and everyone was able to reply without feeling put on the spot. I felt that we were all comfortable with one another and this helped as well.
    I am confident that the rest of the class will find it a relaxing experience and pass with flying colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feedback Nicola and again, well done for delivering so well when you weren't feeling very well. I think the notion of being comfortable is a very important factor for success. There can be no doubt that providing self, peer and lecturer feedback can be of great benefit to the assessment and learning process. I am looking forward to round two on Friday, ding ding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed giving my presentation last Friday. I thought everyone else did a fantastic job and were all very professional. I liked that we were given time to ask each other questions and that everyone knew their subject matter. I have every confidence that the other groups who will be presenting over the next few weeks are going to do great and hopefully enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reflections Darleen. I can’t ask for much more than students enjoying an assessment! I also like the collegiate feel of small groups, especially in the q and a session and feedback sections. And yes, positive vibes always tend to work wonders for the subsequent groups! Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. Mark

    ReplyDelete