Friday 4 May 2018

Recap of 4/5 class and link to debate assessment

Hello all,


It was great to see you all this morning where I went over the final three assessments.


Thanks as always to Coop for taking the paperwork for Cole and Lisa, greatly appreciated.


A few reminders about the assessments then.


Listening (debate)


Here is the link to the second listening assessment (no transcript though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo8JP9JK-Ks




There is no word count for the summary question this time,  but it should be that, a summary. Bullet points work well here with some supporting evidence as you did for the Kass assessment. My advice is to listen to it a couple of times and jot some points down before committing to your answers.


Essay (free vocational choice)


There are examples of how to write either style of essay, some topic choices as well, but most attendees had some great ideas what they might write about. 650 words minimum, 1200 ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM please! If it was be doing the assessment, I would be thinking about the points I want to discuss, think about the structure and think fewer words rather than the upper level. Please e mail me if you want to clarify your topic choice, but it must be Nursing, health, medical, care related.


Report (integrated)


I have given you some helpnotes and an exemplar to show you how I would like it structured. Numbered headings, page numbers marrying up with the contents page and sources are the key here, as well as formality of writing. Avoid personalizing this one, so don't use the word 'I', so a better way to phrase things would be 'the author believes, ascertained, found that' etc etc. Last year the home team brief asked that you had 11 point font, 1.5 spacing, Century Gothic font, but as that doesn't seem to be the case this year, this part on my brief can be ignored. The sending to me and the 650 word minimum however must be observed. When I have told you it is a pass for me, in the event of any remediation from Gail, I will not need to see those changes.


Everything should be completed by 15th June latest, and all 14 of you have passed the first 5 assessments, so I am not anticipating any issues.


Please come to class at 9 on a Friday, where you can either work in the class or in the library at your own convenience. Autonomous learning are the watchwords from now on.


Any further questions, please either e mail and/or ask in the comments box below.


Have a great weekend.


Mark



No comments:

Post a Comment