Friday 6 October 2017

Day trip to Inverness!

Hi all,


I am competing in a golf final tomorrow in Inverness, at a place called Castle Stuart. It is truly the most spectacular course I have played anywhere in Scotland.


The prizes are pretty big for this competition, and we have all been playing in comps to qualify for the final since May.


I think there are around 450 competitors or so, and last year I was lucky to win which meant I qualified to play for a week all expenses paid to Turkey. But I turned it down! Yes, you did read that correctly. It was during term time before Easter which is a critical time for students, so my place went to the first reserve. Noble or completely mad, you can make your own mind up on that one!


So, here is my low key outfit for tomorrow and some pics of Castle Stuart. I am up at 5am and travelling up and down in the day, so I could be a tad jaded on Saturday evening. My cat Jet isn't coming, despite what he may think...


I hope you are all having a great weekend and I will see you all soon.


Cheers,


Mark






2 comments:

  1. They are some nifty pair of troosers Mark I like it. This looks absolutely stunning, you wouldn't get that view in Turkey.

    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point re the view! It was a great day and the weather was kind. I was on the leaderboard when we left to come back, but I don't think I have done enough to get to Portugal this year. For me, golf is about enjoyment of the game, meeting new people, testing yourself against the course and the elements and hitting the odd good shot. I love competing, but you'll never see me chucking clubs, swearing etc. on the golf course, it just isn't worth the stress! I like a nice calm outlook on life, and in the main I achieve that I hope.

    ReplyDelete