Friday 19 January 2018

Information on some College based resources

Hello all,


I have been really buoyed by the fact that quite a few of you have been giving the presentation assessment some serious thought prior to today's class which is fantastic.


Here are a few interesting links to research sites which might be of interest. I must confess I'm not sure how many of these might need a login of some description, but it could be worth having a look anyway? I have used them before in previous organisations, and sometimes the College / University have to subscribe.


https://search.credoreference.com/
http://www.oxfordreference.com/
https://www.issuesonline.co.uk/subject-areas/all-subjects




NCLAN (as per my recommendation) has invested in some excellent online resources. To locate them, you should:




Click on Moodle



 



My Library



 



Go to our Online Resources



 



Scroll down to ‘Issues Online’






3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to give my presentation, I just worry I'm going to run over time. Are you wanting a copy of the presentation before the class? Sorry ment to ask on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darleen, the next few classes are going to be used with me giving a brief look at effective visuals but primarily to choose when everybody will present and research. I wouldn’t expect anybody to have finished before next Friday, but I’ll look at anything any student has done of course! I also want to get a list of what everybody wants to present on (topic). So plenty time but great you’re in the zone! See you a week on Friday. Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll need everybody’s slides by e mail before the assessment though.

    ReplyDelete