Friday 26 January 2018

Friday 2nd February class

Morning all.

Next Friday we will do a few things in the class as follows.

Everybody should be able to give me a working title at the very least of the topic you wish to deliver your talk on. It doesn't need to be fully structured, but the nuts and bolts of the idea please.

You will pick when you wish to deliver your talk, which will be on ONE of the following dates: 23rd February, 2nd March or 9th March. Remember, you only attend the session where you are presenting.

I will do a very quick overview of how to use PowerPoint effectively, highlighting the areas where students get things wrong. This will follow on nicely from the 'good and bad presentation delivery' class we had before the catch-up week.

Please bring in your laptop, tablet etc. if you have one for the next three classes, as you will be able to work on research, slides, handouts etc. in these classes. If we don't have enough access to 'something online', then some of you may wish to go to the library, but I would rather avoid that if at all possible.

I have e mailed everybody back who sent their 'REintroduction' reflective writing which I thoroughly enjoyed and have written feedback on the papers I got in which were handwritten. If you haven't done this simple exercise yet, please have that ready to hand to me on Friday or even before to my workroom in 2023 please.

Thank you to those members of the class who have already e mailed me with some great ideas for presentation titles. High bar, never a bad thing and something I always encourage of course. Stretching is good for you, right?

Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on Friday, which will, unless anything changes, be our normal room.

Mark



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeps us all right! Perhaps somebody in the group could remind everybody about bringing laptops, tablets etc. in nearer the time? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete