Saturday 11 November 2017

We all need a wee bit of luck sometimes!

Hello loyal blog readers!


This morning I achieved something that most amateur golfers never manage to do in a lifetime, a hole in one at golf.


I hear it is a one in 12,500 chance. So given the boffins have worked that out, I feel very lucky indeed!


So, it was Scotch all round at the 19th hole, (not the £7,000 a nip type you understand), and high fives aplenty.


For one shot today then, I can consider myself a decent player. The rest of the holes weren't so good of course, ha ha.


Have a great weekend,


Mark (aka Bertie Bassett as one patron called me today!)





6 comments:

  1. Well done Mark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done mark you look chuffed to bits. My dad got his first hole in one last year after retiring and he still talks about it most days as he should. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was probably still shell-shocked as it had been a 'late one' the previous evening and we teed off at 8am. But still, in it popped and it was smiles all round, ha ha.

      Delete
  3. Well Done Mark, You look like you have just one the lottery and not a hole in one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been lucky to have had three, but they are so rare that I couldn't contain my joy, ha ha. Cost me in whisky, but c'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete