Thursday 7 September 2017

Are Americanisms killing the English language?

Here is an article from the BBC website which you may wish to comment on.


So, do you think that 'Americanisms' are killing the English language?


Here is the link: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170904-how-americanisms-are-killing-the-english-language


Here are a few that infuriate me. Sorry if you use them - gotten, a half-hour, train station, oftentimes, period (instead of full stop).


Maybe I am just getting old, but I'm certainly not grumpy!


Mark





5 comments:

  1. Loving comms. Very interesting. Mark is the bomb ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, you are definitely not grumpy, that's obvious! Enjoying the classes, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wee boy watches far too many American kids on YouTube - he keeps hitting out with words like 'trash' and 'candy'. I'm glad he's expanding his vocabulary (he is only 6) but I sometimes need to put my foot down.

    ReplyDelete